Digital TV is the broadcasting of TV programs in digital format. Depending on the method of transmission there are different types of the digital TV broadcasting. It is included terrestrial (DVB-T), satellite (DVB-S) and cable (DVB-C) broadcasting. It is used the antenna system of analogue TV broadcasting for receiving of the programs via DVB-T broadcasting. In accordance with the Regional Agreement Geneva 2006, it is allocated VHF and UHF frequency channels for the broadcasting of the DVB-T digital TV programs between the countries including this agreement. According to this agreement, the member countries should completely transit to the digital broadcasting and analogue TV broadcasting should be stopped up to 2015 year.
The broadcasting opportunities of 10 (ten) or more TV programs in one frequency channel in high quality is the main advantage of digital TV broadcasting than the analogue TV and it gives an opportunity to receive TV programs broadcasted in the capital in high quality in any region of the republic. However, the transmission of TV programs via digital TV broadcasting, as well as application of the different services is possible. The simultaneous transmission of TV programs in different languages, placement of the additional data, weekly program, transmission of the announcement of films and programs and other services can be cited as an example.
Other advantages of digital TV broadcasting with DVB-T standard are as follows:
Transmission and reception of description and sound signals are increasing. (out obstacles in transmission is not feeling, there is no loss in the storage of information and etc.)
– Significantly increasing the number of programs.
– Lower power transmitters
– Reception ability with mobile and portable receivers
– Effective usage from frequency spectrum (10-12 TV program in 1 TV channel).
– Application of broadcasting with a frequency
– The possibility of local TV programs
– Transmission of information on additional services along with TV programs. (Weather-forecast, traffic schedule, advertisings, etc.)
– The network of digital TV broadcasting, internet connection, subscriber’s coding system ability for access
– To be sable against external obstacles of broadcasting, minimum of obstacles established by other communication means.
– Usage from existing infrastructure for organizing terrestrial TV broadcasting (from TV stations, receivers, subscriber equipment and etc.)
– Operative changing of broadcasting configuration (FEC, guard stripe, 8k and 2 k modes and etc.)
– Transmitted information can be compressed from 3 times to 100 times by means of this or other measures.
Note: “Leninqrad” and “Euromed” reciver antennas are recommended to be used for receiving more quality of DVB-T/T2 digital TV signals.